This mid-level Data scientist role provides an opportunity to be a part of the Near’s Data Science team. You’ll join a team of experts in application of data science models for a location intelligence platform. They carry out R&D, prototyping, development and deployment of best-in-class AdTech and MarTech data science solutions. The role requires to partner with key decision makers in business, product and engineering teams within the company. You will design, develop and craft narratives that help us understand the user base and pitch the product to our clients.
You will be part of one of the fastest growing Enterprise SaaS companies, where you are given the freedom to experiment and innovate new winning ways – a great opportunity for people who can work independently and are self-driven.
- Developing core data science models and capabilities that power the Near Location Intelligence Platform and associated products.
- Applying various data science methods such as time series, causal inference, experiments, machine learning, modeling, and forecasting to understand the most important aspects of our product, users, and business.
- Use advanced data analytics including processing structured (payments, telecom, page clicks etc) and unstructured data in multiple formats (text, audio, video) spanning multiple domains including user profile data, geo-spatial data, network data and retail data.
- Research and create intellectual property for the company that will benefit Near and its partners.
- Use nonparametric and probabilistic models to generate insights keeping in mind the bias- variance trade-off.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to operationalize and deploy the models.
- Partner with technology and the business team to build a superior data quality pipeline that will feed the models.
- Understand and prioritize the data science work based on cost effectiveness and leverage time management skills.
- Attend conferences and organize workshops/meet-ups to be in touch with the data science community.
Skills and Requirements
- You should hold a degree in M.Tech/MS/PhD in quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Econometrics, STEM fields) a plus.
- Overall 3-6 years of experience with at least 3 years of working experience in any data driven company/platform, developing data science models and quantitative models.
- Must have thorough mathematical knowledge of correlation/causation, decision trees, classification and regression models, recommenders, probability and stochastic processes, distributions, priors and posteriors.
- Understand the model lifecycle of cleansing/standardizing raw data, feature creation/selection.
- Write complex transformation logic to generate independent and dependent variables, model selection, tuning, A/B testing and generating production ready code.
- Knowledge of Numerical optimization, Linear/Non-linear/Integer programming, Statistics, Combinatorial optimization is a plus.
- Familiarity with R, Apache Spark (Java, Scala, Python), PrestoDB, AWS Cloud, PyMC3/theano/tensorflow and other scientific python/R modules is a plus.
- Need to be comfortable writing code for model building and bootstrap, test and own models through their lifecycle including devops and deploying into cloud.
- Candidate is expected to have exceptional problem solving, analytical and organisation skills with a detail-oriented attitude.
- Must have completed academic projects in data science experimenting with raw data and generating insights, publications are a plus.