Near is looking for a Director - Data Analytics to join our team as we scale globally. You will be a key member of the Analytics & Research team, leading, executing and delivering critical data-driven insights across the organization.
You and the team will be responsible for extracting and analysing data from our sources, building intelligence from it, and presenting high quality insights through reporting, analysis, and optimization.
You will be part of one of the fastest-growing Enterprise SaaS companies and this is a great opportunity for people who can work independently, are self-driven and seeking to lead a team.
- Project Management- Responsible for planning and overseeing tasks, projects and ensuring that they get completed in a timely fashion.
- People Management- Lead the team with a hands-on approach and take ownership and accountability to continuously improve, and grow the team’s capability from both depth and breadth perspective.
- Effective communication skills to be able to manage discussions with overseas clients, internationally distributed teams and with the leadership team.
- Effective communication to leadership and other various levels of the organization on status, issues and escalations.
- Enable your team’s goal of extracting insights and supporting data-driven decision-making across product, marketing and customer facing organizations.
- Manage research team, research calendar and insight reports for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner with Product teams to influence planning and prioritization.
- Understanding business requirements and translating it into executable steps for the team members.
- Collaborate with product managers and suggest appropriate solutions for analytics deliverables.
- Deep understanding of different data sources and using the best of it for the use cases.
- Review the team’s code to identify bugs and logical gaps and help build reusable codes and libraries for future use.
- Review the team’s deliverables before sending final reports to stakeholders.
- Get feedback and build solutions for users and customers.
- Synthesize both quantitative and qualitative data into insights that deepen our understanding of our product performance and user behaviour.
- Support cross-functional teams with data reports and insights on data.
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and skills.
Skills and Requirements
- You should hold a B.Tech / M.Tech degree.
- Has led Data Analytics teams (6-10 people) at a start-up or a leading analytics consulting firm and at Sr.Manager/AD/Director level in their current role.
- 10+ Years of experience; should have worked with SQL, Python and Big Data Technologies, SQL and NoSQL Databases.
- Should be adept at understanding business requirements and translating them into code.
- Should have a proven record of prior BI reporting experience.
- Expertise in analysing data and query authoring.
- Experience in structured analysis and query optimization in SQL.
- Experience with any Data Visualization tools will be a plus.
- Passionate about learning new technologies.
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical and organizational skills with an eye for detail.
- Experience working across multiple functions and with global resources.
- Experience building and leading high performing, high caliber teams.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.