We are looking for a Director, Data Engineer who will oversee all the activities of the Data Engineering team. As the Director you will apply your extensive knowledge to manage designing, development, deployment and defining of best practices for engineering scalable secure data pipelines. You will collaborate with Data engineers, Data Scientists, SW Engineers and UI/UX designers. You should have the ability to envision future improvements; you will lead the team to solve difficult challenges and set the pace.
You will be part of one of the fastest growing Enterprise SaaS companies and the role will require dealing with chaos and ambiguity – a great opportunity for people who can work independently, manage teams and are self-driven.
- Designing and implementing our data processing pipelines for different kinds of data sources, formats and content for the Near Platform.
- Participate in product design and development activities supporting Near’s suite of products.
- Developing techniques to analyse and enhance both structured and unstructured data.
- Develop/operationalize data science models in application contexts.
- Write and run comprehensive integration tests to deliver high-quality products.
- Involve in code and design review of different application modules.
- Capacity planning and specification of resource requirements for different deployment scenarios.
- Troubleshoot and provide fix for any production bug in a timely manner.
- Gather feedback from stakeholders for improvement in code-stack and feature-sets.
- Assist the documentation team in providing good customer documentation, support and deployment guides.
- Adopt agile practices to track and update status of assigned tasks/stories.
- Oversee and guide all activities of the junior Data Engineers.
Skills & Requirements
- You should hold a degree in B.Tech/M. Tech and have 8-13 years of experience with at least 6 years of working experience in any data driven company/platform.
- You should have worked with distributed data processing frameworks - Apache Spark, Apache Flink or Hadoop.
- Hands-on experience in core java is a must. Python is a plus.
- You should have an in-depth understanding & experience in big data technologies (Kafka, Cassandra, HBase, Spark).
- You have a knowledge of frameworks & distributed systems, are good at algorithms, data structures, and design pattern.
- You work experience with AWS cloud platform, Spring Boot and developing API will be a plus.
- You should have an understanding of distributed system fundamentals and have worked with microservices.
- You have the ability to work independently and manage team with high energy, enthusiasm and persistence.
- You must be capable of leading cross-functional teams in a hands-on manner.
- You should have exposure in handling multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines, and have an ability to work in a group setting as well as in an independent position.
- You are a likable, approachable, and relatable person who inspires trust in others to readily follow in your directives and trust your insights.