Near is looking for a Front-end web developer to join our team as we scale globally. You will build, code and develop multiple web experiences for Near that will enable business growth. We are looking for a developer who is experienced in developing and maintaining full-scale desktop and mobile websites with a global footprint. You will work closely with the growth teams to optimize landing pages, blogs, emails and other touchpoints.
- Maintaining, expanding, and scaling the Near.co website on desktop and mobile.
- Creating new web experiences from the ground up that deliver against marketing objectives.
- Test cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to projects.
- Have experience or interest in website deployment best practices and strategies for modernizing web development workflows.
- Master of optimizing the website on speed and conversions, and running A/B experiments to validate assumptions with data.
- Work cross-functionally with Project Management, Engineering and other departments as needed.
- Work with internal and external partners to boost SEO and SEM efforts leading to traffic growth.
- Strong command of visual design, interaction design and information architecture with a mind for simplicity of design.
- Strong expertise developing complex web applications with responsive design techniques across desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Ability to create responsive, pixel-perfect web-pages from mocks.
- Ability to work independently and possess creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well with ambiguity and lead projects to completion.
- Prior startup experience a plus.
- Proactive with a “get it done” attitude.
- 5-8 years of experience building consumer friendly, professional websites that convert.
- Strong knowledge of NodeJS, ExpressJS or AngularJS.
- Exposure to MySQL, Git, Omniture is a plus.
- Experience integrating plugins, running experiments and using Google Analytics to improve web experience based on business objectives.