Near ingests and houses several terabytes of data every day from various data partners in domains such payments, telecom, real-estate, retail, content publishing etc. Near specializes in blending, managing and analysing large quantities of data and capturing insights within a popular SaaS platform known as AllSpark. The Engineers will be focused on developing Near’s suite of location intelligence products. The location insights are primarily used by Near clients for branding and marketing their products, making rational and strategic decisions for the company to maximize profitability and improve customer experience.
- As a leader, the GIS Architect should envision the big picture and strengthen Near's discipline specific best practices.
- Designing and implementing spatial data processing pipelines for different kinds of data sources, formats and content.
- Identify and evaluate potential GIS applications and tools to improve efficiency and integration of location-based information.
- Participate in product design and development activities supporting Near’s suite of location intelligence products.
- Ensure engineering governance practices - maintain a high level of coding standards.
- Review project requirements and recommend appropriate hardware, software configurations.
- Understand business objectives and translate into software design / functionality / requirements for bespoke solutions and integrations.
- Manage, build and mentor the team, ensuring motivation, collaboration, communication and focus.
- Alignment with agile working, development and operations practices.
- Research and plan upgrade of GIS platform, understanding existing production integrations and critical dependencies.
- Knowledge of various DevOps platforms, creating CI/CD pipeline, automating GIS deployments (knowledge of DevOps Tools like Jenkins is a must)
- Good understanding of the SDLC processes including agile development.
- Hands-on experience in QGIS, ArcGIS.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services environments – Elastic Cloud Computing. (EC2), Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Workspaces/Workdocs, Relational Database Service.
- Clear understanding of IT infrastructure that supports the open source platform in a cloud-based deployment.
- Must have minimum of 6-8 years of industry experience in GIS data engineering.
- We are looking for a GIS Architect with a Master’s Degree (preferable) in GIS and Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.