Near is looking for a Head of Marketing based out of our Sydney office. The leader should be data-driven, tech-savvy, looking to fuel Near's next phase of growth. S/he will be responsible for overseeing the planning and execution of Near’s marketing and advertising initiatives across Australia and New Zealand.
This role provides an opportunity to work closely with the Executive Team at one of the fastest-growing Enterprise SaaS companies with over $100m in Series D funding. Near is an established brand in ANZ. We have startup DNA that allows us to grow nimbly and respond to market needs.
As we grow at a rapid rate, the role would require dealing with an element of chaos and ambiguity – a great opportunity for people who can work independently and are self-driven. The successful candidate will work directly with a global marketing cohort in the US, France and India.
- The Head of Marketing’s primary responsibility is to generate revenue.
- Curating Near’s global strategy into local context for the ANZ markets.
- Design and develop a clearly articulated Value Proposition based on Near’s increasing capabilities and recent acquisitions.
- Directly support increasing sales efforts through marketing collateral, trade press and event management.
- Author thought leadership material that will aid brand recall among the right audience.
- Lead field marketing initiatives.
- Manage media relations.
- Conduct a full audit of Near’s current positioning, product and value proposition in ANZ in lights of recent acquisitions and the opportunity to expand aggressively in 2021.
- Lead and execute our go-to-market strategy in partnership with Sales and Product across all relevant channels (Brand, Positioning, Value Statement, organic, paid, online and offline).
- Size our target clients/markets across Publishers, Agencies & Brands in the region and execute deep level vertical marketing strategies for each segment in ANZ.
- Own Near's narrative across all regional marketing channels (ads, content, email, PR, events).
- Develop a content strategy that amplifies Near's products and services, while building thought-leadership across social, our blog and online, offline and broadcast media in ANZ.
- Grow a network of influencers and ensure Near is part of the conversation within the Advertising Agencies, Publishers and senior decision-makers in key industry sectors including Auto, Education, Government and Travel.
- Attract, hire, mentor and retain top talent while helping to build a results-driven organization.
Skills and Requirements
- BSc/BA in business administration, computer science, data science, marketing science or relevant field; MSc/MBA a plus.
- 5 - 8 years of experience in marketing leadership roles at technology-obsessed companies.
- 3+ years managing enterprise marketing teams in growth-stage startup environments including the functions of product marketing, content marketing, demand generation and communications.
- Have experience helping startups bundle multiple initiatives and growth opportunities into one articulate value proposition to build brand perception and awareness from.
- Experience with SaaS, machine learning and data science is ideal.
- A track record of creating, driving and executing a marketing strategy resulting in substantial growth.
- Advanced working experience across most marketing tools, including enterprise CMS' (preferably Hubspot), SEO and Account-Based Marketing.
- Experience in working cross-border or working in global organizations.