- Manage large scale production environment and mission critical infrastructure.
- Handling the stability, automation, scalability, deployment, monitoring, alerting, security and ensuring maximum availability of our tech infrastructure.
- Manage distributed big data systems kafka, hadoop, spark, hive, flink, storm, mongoDB, elasticsearch and cassandra.
- Work closely with Software and Big data Developers and other engineering teams to ensure the Infrastructure is capable of serving current and future needs.
- Set up monitoring systems, create and maintain run-books.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call support on rotational basis as needed in future.
- Influence, create and contribute to the automation platform
- Take a complete ownership of assigned modules and execute them to completion.
Skills & Experience
- Strong understanding of Security, Transport and Application layer.
- Prior experience in setting up a instances in Datacenter and Cloud environment.
- Excellent high level knowledge of the Unix operating systems(CentOS preferred), and very good system troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working with Web, Internet & Load Balancing and Big data technologies.
- Good at administration of Big Data ecosystems - hadoop, hive, spark, airflow and cassandra.
- Good at monitoring tools such as Nagios, Graphite, cacti and Ganglia.
- Experience working with database technologies - Redis, MySQL, mongoDB and Cassandra.
- Must have experience in configuration management tools - Puppet, CHEF, fabric, and Ansible.
- Must have experience in any one of the programming languages - Python/Ruby/Perl - Python is more preferable.
- Experience with Software Engineering Lifecycle, and Handle deployments on a large scale.
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration/Continous Delivery tools Jenkins/Nexus/Maven/Ant. Needs to own releases.
- We are looking for an engineer with Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- Overall 4-7 years of experience into Development Operations.
- Candidate is expected to have exceptional problem solving, analytical and organisation skills with a detail-oriented attitude.
- Passion for learning new technologies.